• Postdoc: PMU application to monitoring and control of Wide Area Oscillation of the electric network (WAOC), at Milan University and Ricerca sul Sistema Energetico (RSE), Jan. 2012 to Mar. 2013.
• Ph.D. Degree: in Electrical Engineering at Polytechnic University of Milan, Jan. 2009 to Mar. 2012, CGPA: 17.54 out of 20.
• M.Sc. Degree: in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Eastern Mediterranean University, North Cyprus, Jan. 2007 to Dec. 2008, CGPA: 17.45 out of 20.
• B.Sc. Degree: in Electrical Engineering (Telecommunications), Imam Hossein State University, Tehran, Iran, Jan. 2002 to Sept. 2006, CGPA: 14.54 out of 20.
• Doctorate thesis: “Sensitivity Analysis of Power System State Estimation Regarding to Network Parameter Uncertainties”. Supervisor: Prof. Gabriele D’antona.
• Master’s thesis: “Diagnosis of Electron Cyclotron Heating Power Deposition on Frascati Tokamak Upgrade (FTU)”, Supervisors: Prof. Sener Uysal and Prof. Gabriele D’antona.
• Bachelor’s thesis: “Improving Speech Recognition Performance Using Generalized Sidelobe Canceller (GSC)”. Supervisor: Prof. Hossein Sameti, Grade: 20 out of 20.
Main steps in academic career and work experiences:
• Ricerca sul Sistema Energetico (RSE) Co. and University of Milan, Italy, Jan. 2012 to Mar. 2013:
Title: WAOC - PMU application to monitoring and control of Wide Area Oscillation of the electric network.
Activities: Survey of oscillatory stability and relevant monitor techniques. Definition of advanced methods for oscillator stability analysis. Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) based monitoring and control function definition.
• Whirlpool Co., Italy, Apr. 2011 – June 2011:
Title: Green Kitchen Project (Marie Curie FP7 Program, WP5-IAPP).
Activities: Development of domestic consumption scenarios and related tariffs of multi hourly to be used for the development of a domestic EMS (Energy Management System). Performing the experiments necessary for identification of parameters of the process of induction heating ovens and cookers.
• Politecnico di Milano, Italy, Oct. 2012 – Dec. 2012:
Title: Study of the measuring system and an observer's state of charge of lead-acid batteries for the control of an Open UPQC to be used in the project Domo Smart Grid.
Activities: The design of the measuring system. Definition of the algorithm to estimate the state of charge. Implementation of the control system of the Open UPQC.
• IFP (Istituto di Fisica del Plasma), Italy, Jan. 2009 – Jan. 2011:
Title: Development of hardware and software platforms and programming for transferring data between industrial PC and DSP.
Activities: Hardware set up and programming in C for transferring data between industrial PC and DSPs and Sundance FPGA boards integrated inside a PXI platform. This system will be used for steering control of a high power RF heating antenna to be used in a nuclear fusion stabilization experiment.
• Eastern Mediterranean University, Cyprus 2007-2009:
Research Assistant for two years.
• Communication Systems 1, Zanjan University, July 2014 to Feb. 2014.
• Electronic Distance Measurement, Zanjan University, July 2014 to Feb. 2014.
• Digital Signal Processing, Eastern Mediterranean University, Feb. 2009 to Sept. 2007.
• Computer Networks, Hidaj Azad University, Feb. 2014 to Sept. 2013.
• Communication Circuits, Hidaj Azad University, Feb. 2014 to Sept. 2013.
• Programming, Hidaj Azad University, Feb. 2014 to Sept. 2013.
• Linear Control Systems Lab., Abhar Azad University, Feb. 2014 to Sept. 2013.
• Sensors and Transducers, University of Applied Science and Technology, Feb. 2014 to Sept. 2013.
• Linear Control Systems, University of Applied Science and Technology, Feb. 2014 to Sept. 2013.
• Computer Networks, University of Applied Science and Technology, Feb. 2014 to Sept. 2013.
• Communication Circuits, University of Applied Science and Technology, Feb. 2014 to Sept. 2013.
• Programming, University of Applied Science and Technology, Feb. 2014 to Sept. 2013.
Personal skills and research interests:
Skills and Qualifications:
• Professional Simulation and Programming in MATLAB, Simulink and LabVIEW.
• Advanced English Proficiency: Writing Books and Papers, Teaching, Presentation and Giving Speech.
• DSP Programming in C++ and signal processing.
• Professional Documentation and Presentation.
• Ability to work effectively either as a part of a team or independently.
• Comprehensive Literature Review and Internet Survey.
• Extensive Knowledge of OS (Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and Utilities.
• Word processors: Microsoft Office and Latex. Reference Managers: Endnote and Mendeley.
• Advanced Website Design: HTML and PHP.
• Development of Web Browsers Extensions and Add-ons (Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome).
• Signal Processing (Image, Audio, Video, Text, etc.)
• State Estimation.
• Smart Grids and EMS (Energy Management System).
• Uncertainty Analysis.
• Power System Measurements and Errors Analysis.
• Robotics, Control and Automation.
• Development and Implementation of Power System Control Algorithms.
• Fuzzy Logic, Neural Networks, Artificial Intelligence and Expert systems.
• Text Summarization and Search Engine Improvement.
• Biomedical Signal Processing.
• Speech Recognition, Synthesis (Text-To-Speech) and Enhancement.
• Smart-phone Applications Development.
• Winning a research grant from University of Milan (€19,367 per year) in 2012.
• The PhD. thesis is selected as an effective contribution to solve functional problem of grid; by Iran Grid Management Co. (Ministry of Power) in 2014.
• Winning a scholarship for PhD degree from Politecnico di Milano (borsa di studio) (€17,000 per year) in 2009.
• First rank between the MSc graduate students.
• Selected as a Research Assistant at Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta, North Cyprus, from September 2007 to February 2009.
• Selected as the superior bachelors student for in 2006.
• Holding a certificate of appreciation from International Center of Eastern Mediterranean University for supporting the international students.
• Kharazmi congress contribution with five projects in 2004, 2005, 2006, Iran.
1. English: Fluent, Certificates: TOEFL, British Council and MSRT (Iran).
2. Farsi: Native.
3. Italian: Intermediate, Certificate: Polimi Italian Courses.
4. Azeri: Fluent (Local language of my hometown).
5. Turkish: Intermediate (Based on the self-training courses).
6. Arabic: Elementary (Based on school courses).
Invention Patents (National):
1. Intelligent skateboard controller, Evidence #37083.
2. The intelligent circuit of fermenter controller, Evidence #37084.
3. Natural movements generation in manipulator robots using computational intelligence, Evidence #37091.
4. Special acoustic amplifier for cell phones Evidence #37090.
Graduated Ph.D. Degree in Electrical Engineering, in 2012.
• Member of Iranian Young Researchers Club (ID#: 15667) From 2007.
• Member of Iranian Inventors Association (ID#. 1021) From 2007.
• International Association of Engineers (IAENG) From 2012.
• Member of Editorial Board:
1. Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, from June 2014.
2. Science Journal of Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, from June 2014.
3. Journal of Automation, Control and Intelligent Systems, from June 2014.
• Member of Special Issue Editorial Board:
1. “Computational Intelligence” in Digital Image Processing at Science Journal of Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing in 2014.
2. “3D Printing” Lead Guest Editor at journal of Automation, Control and Intelligent Systems, in 2014.
• Journals and Conferences Reviewer, e.g.:
1. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement, from 2013.
2. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology, from 2013.
3. IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and applications, from 2013.
Attendance of Learning/Workshops Programs:
1. Application of WAMS in Power Systems, By Department of Electrical Engineering at Tehran Polytechnic University, 14-15 January 2015.
2. Monitoring Systems for Power Grids, By Iran Grid Management Co. at Tehran Polytechnic University, 14-15 January 2015.
3. IEEE 3rd Annual International Measurement University course (Credits: 3.0 IEEE CEUs), By IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Society, 19-25 July 2010, Trento, Italy
4. IEEE 2nd Annual International Measurement University course (Credits: 3.0 IEEE CEUs), By IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Society, 20-24 July 2009, Trento, Italy
5. Fundamentals of Geographical Information Systems (GIS), By LJMU GIS LAB UK and GMTGB in March 2008 (Training Program)
• Jahan Estakhr Co., Iran 1998-2006, as Design Engineer, Design of electrical water filtering system and metallic mechanical structures for innovative above ground pools.
• Web Design and Apps., Iran 1998-2006, as Website Designer, Design and development of a PHP Based Web.
List of publications view (file pdf)
1. “Diagnosis of Electron Cyclotron Heating Power Deposition on Plasma: For Controlling Thermonuclear Fusion Power in Tokamaks”, Mehdi Davoudi, Mohsen Davoudi, Gabriele D’Antona, ISBN: 978-3639249873, Total Pages: 68, VDM Publishing House Ltd, April 2010, Germany.
2. “Vehicle Fuzzy Dynamic Stability Control”, Mohsen Davoudi, Mehdi Davoudi, ISBN: 978-3639359756, Total Pages: 128, VDM Publishing House Ltd, May 2011, Germany.
3. “Real-Time Driver's Fatigue Detection: Sensing, Analysis and Alarming”, Mohsen Davoudi, Mehdi Davoudi, Mehdi Pazhoohesh, ISBN: 978-3639361926, Total Pages: 108, VDM Publishing House Ltd, June 2011, Germany.
1. “Emotion Mimicry in Humanoid robots using Computational Theory of Perception”, Mohsen Davoudi, Mehdi Davoudi, Nima Seif Naraghi, chapter 2 of Humanoid Robots Book, Edited by Ben Choi, ISBN 978-953-7619-44-2, InTech Publishing, January 2009, pp. 021-032. Available from:
1. Mehdi Davoudi, Elssodani A. M., “PMU Placement to Reduce State Estimation Bias Considering Parameters Uncertainty”, The Ninth Power Systems Protection and Control Conference (PSPC), Iran, Jan. 2015.
2. Gabriele D’Antona, Mehdi Davoudi, “Effect of Phasor Measurement Unit on Power State Estimation Considering Parameters Uncertainty”, Applied Measurements in Power Systems (AMPS), Germany, Sept. 2012.
3. Gabriele D’Antona, Mehdi Davoudi, “Effects of Parameter and Measurement Uncertainties on the Power System WLS State Estimation”, IEEE I2MTC, Austria, May 2012.
4. Mohsen Davoudi, M. B. Menhaj, Nima Seif Naraghi, Ali Aref, Majid Davoodi and Mehdi Davoudi, "A Fuzzy Logic-Based Video Subtitle and Caption Coloring System", Journal of: Advances in Fuzzy Systems, vol.2012, 8 pages, Direct Access: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/afs/2012/671851, Jan. 2012.
5. Mohsen Davoudi, Mehdi Davoudi, Analysis of Driving Crisis for Obstacles Avoidance and Dynamic Stability Maintenance Using Fuzzy Logic, SAE Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress & Exhibition, ISSN: 0148-7191, October 2009, USA.
6. Mohsen Davoudi, Mehdi Davoudi, Nima SeifNaraghi, Adaptive Subtitle and Caption Coloring Using Fuzzy Analysis, IEEE Computer Society - Computer Science and Information Engineering (CSIE), 2009, USA.
7. Mohsen Davoudi, Mehdi Davoudi, Hierarchical Control of Humanoid Movement Based on Computational Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence and Instrumentation Magazine, Vol. 1, No, 5, PP. 37-43, ISSN 1735-3939, December 2007.
8. Mohsen Davoudi, M. B. Menhaj, Mehdi Davoudi, A Fuzzy Based Vehicle Dynamic Stability Control (FDSC), SAE Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress & Exhibition, ISBN: 978-0-7680-1818-9, October 2006, USA.
9. Mohsen Davoudi, M. B. Menhaj, Mehdi Davoudi, A Fuzzy-Based Automation Level Analysis in Irrigation Equipment, Computational Intelligence, Theory and Applications International Conference 9th Fuzzy Days in Dortmund, LNCS 2006 Proceedings, Part 26, Pages 777-787, Germany.
10. Mohsen Davoudi, M. B. Menhaj, Mehdi Davoudi, Motorized Skateboard Stabilization using Fuzzy Controller, Computational Intelligence, Theory and Applications International Conference 9th Fuzzy Days in Dortmund, LNCS 2006 Proceedings, Part 26, Pages 789-799, Germany.
11. Mohsen Davoudi, M. B. Menhaj, Mehdi Davoudi, Intelligent Robot Motion using Fuzzy logic-Based CTP and Artificial Neural Networks, COGNITIVE INFORMATICS, ICCI 2006, The 5th IEEE International Conference proceedings, Volume 2, pages: 669-674, ISBN: 1-4244-0475-4.
12. Mohsen Davoudi, Mehdi Davoudi, Motion control of humanoid robots in order to obtain smooth movements, NTC2006 Conference Proceeding, Islamic Azad University, Iran.
13. Mohsen Davoudi, M. B. Menhaj, Mehdi Davoudi, Emotion Mimicry in Humanoid robots using Fuzzy logic-Based Computational Theory of Perception, Proceedings of the International Multi Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists, IMECS 2006, Pages: 390-395, ISBN: 988-98671-3-3,Hong Kong.
14. Mohsen Davoudi, M. B. Menhaj, Mehdi Davoudi, Fuzzy Control of Fed-batch Fermenter Using Compacted Experimental Data, Summer Simulation Multi conference - SCSC 2006, Canada.
15. Mohsen Davoudi, M. B. Menhaj, Mehdi Davoudi, Emotion Based Motion Generator Using Computational Theory of Perception, Summer Simulation Multi conference - SCSC 2006, Canada.