Contaminant Migration and Nuclear Safeguards Laboratory
• Measurements and modelling of processes that govern the migration of contaminants into soil, water, and air
• Static and dynamic measurements (batch and column tests)
• Study of the distribution processes of contaminants between aqueous and solid phases
• Leaching measurements for the containment of fission products
• Development of deterministic and stochastic models of transport of contaminants in natural and artificial porous media.
• Simulation of measurements for the detection of nuclear materials in containers by passive and active techniques (neutrons and photons)
• Development of Monte Carlo MCNP and MCNPX codes.
Dipartimento di Energia - Politecnico di Milano - campus Bovisa
via La Masa, 34 (building B18)
20156 Milano - ITALY
phone +39 02 2399 6360
- Giacobbo Francesca
- Padovani Enrico
- Da Ros Mirko