Photovoltaic, Power Quality and Lighting System Laboratory (PhOS)
Established in 2005, PhOS laboratory is located on the Department of Energy in Politecnico di Milano - Bovisa Campus. PhOS’s Laboratory mission can be summarized in different objectives:
- PV systems. Group research activity on PV systems covers PV system design and optimization, PV inverter control and MPPT control algorithms, PV system storage integration and optimized sizing, PV system optimum inverter sizing and so on.
- Power Quality (PQ) and Custom Power (CP).
- Power Electronics, application in LV distribution network.
- Smart Grid and Microgrid Systems.
- Load Management. Research group activity is focused on the load behavior under voltage variation, providing experimental investigation and analysis on different load types’ behavior including traditional lighting loads, more recent lighting type specially LED systems and some thermal loads.
- Storage systems.
- Lighting Systems.
- Electro Magnetic Application.
Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Energia - campus Bovisa
via Lambruschini, 4 (building BL25A)
20156 Milano - ITALY
Prof. Roberto Faranda
phone: +39 02 2399 3793
fax: +39 02 2399 8566
- Morris Brenna
- Hossein Hafezi
- Sonia Leva
- Federica Foiadelli
- Michela Longo