The research activity of the group mainly focuses on the study of innovative HVAC system equipment, on building systems energy efficiency and on indoor environmental quality.
We work on:
- Air contamination control in the built environment (evaluation of material emissions, performance assessment of operating theatres and cleanrooms, performance assessment of air filters).
- Recuperators, desiccant and evaporative cooling systems (development and test of desiccant wheels, air to air heat exchangers and indirect evaporative cooling systems).
- HVAC systems testing and simulation (built environment monitoring, development and test of equipment through “hardware in the loop” platform).
- Refrigeration and heat pumps (development and test of household refrigerators, heat pumps and solar assisted heat pumps).
- Museum environment, climate and energy in cultural heritage (Modelling, test and monitoring of museum display cases, measurement of water adsorption and thermo-physical properties of materials).
Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento di Energia - campus Bovisa
via Lambruschini, 4A (edifici BL25-BL25A)
Cesare Joppolo - telefono: 02 2399 3856 - mail: email@example.com
- Cesare Joppolo
- Stefano De Antonellis
- Samanta Milani
- Luca Molinaroli
- Federico Pedranzini
- Francesco Romano