Laboratory of Radiation Metrology
The laboratory was established with the aim of providing services in the dosimetry and the radioprotection area, guaranteeing the quality of the measurements carried out by users. In particular it focuses his interest on the metrology of ionizing radiations, radon and surface contamination. Founding its roots in the historical dosimetry service of CESNEF, the activities of personal and environmental dosimetry are also continued.
Scientific support is also given to the development of new detectors, the instrumentation characterization and the drafting of measurement protocols.
Since 2021, the laboratory has obtained accreditation as organizer of evaluation tests (PTP no. 0022).
The Laboratory is part of the University Quality Service structure of the Politecnico di Milano (LAT Calibration Center No. 104) as the Ionizing Radiation Sector and the Radon Sector.
Nowadays the Laboratory is mainly involved in the following activities:
- Rn-222 measurement in air: calibration of devices, measurement campaigns;
- α and β surface contamination: calibration of portable contamination monitors, Smear Test - Area and - individual dosimetry service (TLD and OSL)
- Participation and promotions of intercomparison exercises
- Participation in European projects and scientific collaborations in these sectors
Dipartment of Energy - Politecnico di Milano - campus Bovisa
via La Masa, 34 (building B18)
- Abate Stefano Cesare Cornelio
- Marco Caresana
- Gambardella Luisa
- Garlati Luisella
- Martinelli Lario
- Tambussi Ornella
- Tugnoli Francesca